Pages

06 August 2010

Home Sweet Home

Life has been a bit crazy. In a super spur-of-the-moment decision (a moment which was literally handed to us), we decided to move...again. I knew our then-living situation would be temporary, but I never realized how small 5 people in 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom and no room in the kitchen for a proper table could be! :) But we made it work. It was a good situation, but when this opportunity presented itself, I realized just how tight everything was.


5 July: stumbled on the place ("We can do this, wow, we can totally do this!")

6 July: signed paperwork

13 July: started moving things into the garage until the painters were finished

28 July: finished moving everything else

So the last few weeks, we've been packing, loading, unloading, unpacking and unloading the garage :)

But, know what?? I'm not complaining. Why, you ask? a) I have a garage b) I have a kitchen with room for a proper table c) I have my own bathroom with a large soaking tub d) there is an area by the kids' room which has been designated 'the play area' e) there is an extra bedroom and bathroom f) there are 3 separate storage areas - not including the garage g) I have a dishwasher - machine h) I have room for my piano (formerly that of my parent's) :) I could go on, but you get the idea.


One night, after a long hot day, D and I were sitting outside on deck off the kitchen, looking at the view of Utah Valley, Utah Lake, Mnt Timp temple... enjoying the breeze after the super hot day and enjoying being off our feet. I just couldn't believe that this is now my home. We live here. We will be here for a very long time. We are Home.

5 comments:

Amanda Ann Hansen said...

Why don't I ever know these things? Good thing you have a blog. I want to come see it soon! I'm so happy for you guys!!!

Miss M said...

cool, will you post pics?

TeresaL said...

Ya, I wanna see pics. Did you guys buy it then?

Terésa said...

yep. you need pics... and I will be down the week after Redfish to see it :D

Jenny said...

Pics pics pics!!!!!