Pages

01 August 2010

4 years ago today...

...I told the doctor this baby needs to come...soon! Thirteen hours of labor and a cesarean section later, she was in my arms, and really hasn't left since!

While she's always been on the smaller side, her mind is growing and growing! She's always amazing me with things she picks up from everything around her. She's also my cuddler and hugger... I could just squeeze her 'til her eyes pop out... but I won't. They're too amazing to look at! I still can't decided what color they are. When she was little, they were a very deep blue. To my dismay the color has faded a bit; now they aren't quite blue or quite green (like the rest of us), not quite gray. Which ever it is, I love the dark colored band that highlight's the iris :)

She is trying her hardest, this summer, to keep up with the older kids. She's overcome swimming fears and is the newest "fish" in the family. Bring on the goggles! She still loves to get dressed up and prefers a skirt or dress to pants or shorts; she'll cuddle with me for hours reading or looking at catalogs.

One of her many questions that made my heart melt: I was trying to explain why it wasn't okay for her to put gum on her clothes (after I found it on a jacket in the dryer). After I was done with what I thought was a perfectly age-appropriate explanation, she looked at me and said, "Mama, what is 'punished'?" Awww, man! Nothing, it's nothing. Forget I said it. Here, here's some gum. Go chew and read and jump on the couch and eat more candy and be a child!
I'm sorry, I'll remember next time :)
And, I can't wait to see how much more you will grow this next year!!



3 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

Rachel, she is just so cute! I can't believe she is four! Where did the time go?

Terésa said...

Happy B-Day L!!

TeresaL said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!