Pages

02 July 2010

Loosing It

...in so many ways, you have no idea :)

But, seriously. My sister and I are participating in a Biggest Looser competition through my work. It started in May and ends in November. We're going for Life Changes, not just crash diets. So, I jump on board and had my sis do it with me. I guess even long distance support is better than none at all, right? :)

So, I was skimming Yahoo this morning, reading sports, World Cup, Headlines, etc, I came across this article... What's the Best for Weight Loss?

Weight for it...weight for it...

Cutting calories!!

Don't believe it? Here's the math:

If you saved about 45 calories per day for 2 years (730 days), that would be: 730 x 45 = 32,850 calories saved over 2 years.
The total number of "saved" calories (32,850) divided by the number of calories in 1 pound of weight (3,500) would be: 32,850/3,500 = 9.4, or about 9 pounds over 2 years!
(that little diddy was taken from the same article)

Really?? Cuz I was hoping for some other miracle drug or fruit or supplement that will melt away the pounds like nothin' else (as long as you are eating a diet full of veggies and working out 5-8 hours a week)!!

So, this article (and every other weight-loss piece of information) shows me and everyone else, there is no substitute for eating normal and having an active lifestyle.

Bugger. Back to the tread mill. Come on, Sis

2 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

Oh man. Really I have to cut the calories? I was afraid of that. I'm trying to lose weight too. I hate cutting those calories. They are my favorite things (especially the chocolaty ones).

Rebekkah Monaghan said...

Sadly that is the way of life although. Having ababy really sheds a few pounds quickly!