Pages

03 July 2010

8 years ago today...

...I had been in labor for almost 17 hours. Three hours of pushing later, she finally decided to take her first breath (with a little help from the nurse!). I was so exhausted I could barely lift my head off the bed, but when I heard her first cry, I started crying with relief. She was swept away to the NICU for a few hours of monitoring and I think I slept the entire time she was away :)

Since then, however, I have done little sleeping. She's my early-riser, singer, dancer, performer, tumbler, artist and simply amazing. I can remember those first years like they were yesterday. And yet, she and I are able to have amazing conversations about life, scriptures, music, the pursuit of happiness... well, as far as what makes her happy :) She's so great with her sister, teaching her all sorts of things, reading to her, singing together, helping me with so many things. She definitely has my emotions...

And now, she'll be getting baptised next week. Wow. And then, I guess, life will go on as normal... It's just that at major milestones in life I tend to become a little more nostalgic... I can wait for the future because I know it will come much to soon, but I'm still excited to see how it all unfolds!




2 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

Congratulations! I can't believe she is 8! What a beautiful girl she is. I hope her baptism is a wonderful experience for her. =)

Unknown said...

Pretty picture! Have a lovely day...miss you guys.