Pages

22 April 2010

Oh, No she DIDN'T!

A friend of mine has a private blog, to keep us all updated with their growing family in the wiles of the wild Wyoming west :) No, really. They really live in the middle of nowhere, in Wyoming. Actually, right now, I would love that kind of solitude. And they do.

Anyway, I was commenting on one of her posts about how some lady actually said out loud to my friend a bunch of ignorant stuff about being a stay-at-home Mom and how "it's not as demanding as teaching (she's apparently a substitute teacher)." Say whaa?? Yeah, so I'm sending positive words to my friend who not only chooses to stay home to raise her babies, but also home schools her 2nd grade son and is now doing preschool with their 4year old daughter, plus, she has a toddler and is prego with another! Not as demanding...humph! Good heavens!

So, my point was, E was praising me one night for the dinner I had made. She said she was so glad that I loved her so much to make such nice things for her. Her words. It totally took me by surprise; not the concept, but the fact that she put "cooking" and "love for her" together! I hugged her and told her that's exactly why I love cooking; because I get to see other people enjoy something I created, just for them. It was a neat moment.

Nope, I wouldn't give mothering up for anything!

2 comments:

TeresaL said...

awww! Thank you for the shout out! And like I said before, Eliza is such a sweet girl! She is going to grow up to be an amazing woman, just like her Mommy!

Giles Family said...

I love that! And oh so true. I was telling my friend the other day how I have never had a full time job that was more emotionally and physically draining, and I love it! I love my children more than words could say. The things they say and do melt my heart. Thanks for your thoughts.