Pages

26 November 2009

Happy Thanksgiving To All...

...and to all -- Good Eats!
Setting aside all the wonderfully yummy food, I absolutely love this time of year and especially this holiday of all holidays. This is a time of reflection, thanksgiving, sharing, caring, giving, donating, serving...

Every year, sheesh -- every day! -- there is so much to be grateful for! Just the fact that I live in a country where I can have my own opinion is such a blessing. But this year, I am so very grateful for the health of my family. The economy could be better, but I still have a job and we have a warm home and food in our cupboards. The children are growing well and D is keeping up as best as his immune system will allow. Our apartment is small, but that means less to keep clean. We don't have a dishwasher, but -- for now -- J and E fight over washing them. There is only one bathroom, but it has warm running water and everything is in good working order. Our TV is old and heavy, but we can turn it on and watch movies as a family. I have to work late nights, but my husband is in bed with me when I get home and my children are with me to eat breakfast in the morning.
So many things to remember this Thanksgiving Day, but most of all,
take nothing for granted. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing. Its true we take so much for granted.

TeresaL said...

I love it! Happy Thanksgiving!