Pages

07 November 2009

The Holiday Retail Forgot

My Harvest/Thanksgiving decorations are seriously lacking. At our old house, for a few years I was leaving the Christmas tree up year-round and decorating it simply for each of the holidays. I no longer have that tree, or any other tree, so with it went most of my decorations.

Now that we've down-sized, I take the kids to the Dollar Store to each pick out something for the particular holiday. Mostly we end up with window clings, which is find with me! They don't take up space in our tiny place and the kids have fun decorating the windows. So, since my Thanksgiving decorations are sparse, I was looking forward to doing it again after Halloween.

Boy was I wrong!! Not only can I not find any Thanksgiving decor, Christmas stuff was out before Halloween was taken down! And not just at the Dollar Store. I've been to several large stores in the area and all I can find of Harvest is kitchen ware (table decor, dishes, etc).

I'm quite frustrated. Anyone know where I can find decent Harvest decor??? I'd hate to have Thanksgiving and the month of November feel left out :)

3 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

Believe it or not, I walked into Walmart and there was a ton of Thanksgiving stuff-it was four hours away from home though. Kind of far for decor, but you might find something.

Jenny said...

Our kmart had a ton of stuff.

Unknown said...

Have you tried Roberts Crafts? Last year, they had adorable pilgrims that I'm still wishing I had bought. I must admit, though, I'm already listening to Christmas music and wishing for snow. Am I a weirdo?