Pages

25 August 2009

First Day of Second Grade

D took E to the school yesterday to find her new classroom and meet her teacher. It's hard enough sending her on the bus, so I wanted her to at least know how to get to her class. She came home excited, but with all the talk of "going back to school," L came up to me on Sunday, solemn and with a frown. She said, "Mama, why does E have to go to school? I will miss her." They've had fun staying up late together, reading books together, watching movies, playing dolls and Lego's, not to mention coloring...everything there is to color. I didn't even imagine there would be a separation anxiety, considering how they can make each other scream with frustration :) I told L we could do our own school; that seemed to appease her for the time. Time to get out the workbooks!!

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer

4 comments:

Mama Bean said...

Such a fun day!!!

Miss M said...

I love the PJs. How did L do the rest of the day?

Rachel said...

She was pretty cuddly with me that day :)

TeresaL said...

How sad! But so sweet!