Pages

01 August 2009

What Have I Been Doing These Last 3 Years??

Good question. Sometimes I ponder that question... a great deal.

I still think I remember my labor with L (she's 3 today, btw). My mom and I were discussing this today. I tried to do it "au-natural" and made it up to the point when the doctor said something like, "We have to get that baby out now!" But, as I remember the labor, I was able to manage the pain pretty well with the coping skills I acquired and prepared for during that pregnancy. My mom was there and apparently remembers it differently, but she doesn't take pain well anyway. However, I must admit, the c-section recovery (though longer) was more preferable than the stretched out vaginal recovery, for me anyway. :)

So, for 3 years I've been growing another daughter and encouraging the older one to be a "helper." The 3 year old, L, enjoys being doted on but is also extremely independent (unless she's tired). She's learning new words and skills every day. I am just amazed at how much they are able to learn in such a short time-span! She loves to run with her older sister and brother and even has mastered the scooter (and can't wait for the bike!). She loves to color and make me all kinds of pictures! She'll eat anything that has rice in, on or around it, unless it's green (but Daryl gets her, somehow, to eat almost anything anyway!). Her favorite food is yogurt and rice. Her favorite color is purple, green or pink. She loves anything with Aurora or Tinkerbell or Barbie and loves to play dress-up. I love watching her "read." She'll sit next to E and they both read their books. It usually ends up with E reading L the story. She loves every page.

It's hard to believe 3 years have gone by so fast. We moved from her first house, too. At least we have a huge playground for them to enjoy. Hopefully, before she's too old, we'll have a house we all can grow old in together! I sure do love my princess!

3 comments:

Mariam said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly the learn, develop and grow into little people. I am always amazed at the little personalities little people have. And I am always amazed at how much that little personality stays the same.

She sounds like such a fun, sweet little princess.
Happy Birthday Lydia.

Carolyn V. said...

I always thought L was a beautiful girl! Happy b-day. (3 years...really?)

TeresaL said...

Happy Birthday to a beautiful little girl!