Pages

09 February 2009

Men Vs Women

In an earlier post, I had mentioned how my husband and his father had offered to go to the store while I was at work and pick up a few requested items (honestly, 6 things) I needed for meals for the weekend that I didn't have time to get before I left for work that day. I had also said that it was a whole other story, for another time. I've mainly put off the telling of this story, not because of any significance, rather I would hate to come across ungrateful or demeaning. On the contrary. I love our differences and his help around the house, and I am grateful to my in-laws for the help and support they give us. (Disclaimer: D read this and approved it--chuckled-- before it was posted)

Simply put: Men think differently than Women

(W= explaining to M before she sends him to the store with a list)
(M= explination after returning home from the store)

**identity of items changed for their own protection**

W: I need a block of cheese and 1 pound of hamburger
M: The corn chips were next to the cheese.
W: We need chicken breast for the BBQ.
M: But the stakes were on sale.
W: 5 pounds of potatoes, some carrots (yada,yada) so I can make a stew for next week.
M: Dinty Moore was having a sale, 10 for $10! Look, now you don't have to make it at all!
W: Here's the list
M: I know _____ wasn't on the list, but I figured since it was on sale, you could do something with it... what milk?

Tip: Cash and a calculator (but that's a good tip for me, too)

3 comments:

Miss M said...

Such accuracy!!! So True!

Jenny said...

Men do think so differently than women. I love this post. It made me laugh.

Rachel said...

I'm not alone??? :)