Pages

02 November 2008

Saw a Movie...

...referred by my cousin (thanks, Jacque), P.S. I Love You. A bit slow, but it made me think, and cry.

I wasn't expecting it to be about cancer (I won't say anything more than that) but it was unexpectedly thought-provoking. I called Daryl home from school early so I could watch it again with him. I was pretty emotional all evening, and I'm still not sure that he got why. I'm a pretty emotional person, by nature, and crying is not foreign to me. But thinking about loosing a loved one, watching them throughout the dying process, isn't something anyone looks forward to. I saw so much of that working at the Cancer Hospital. This movie put that all in my face again that day. "This could be a possibility for us." For anyone, really. Anything could happen (the movie is very positive, you see no dying, just wanted to throw that out there).

So far, we've been blessed and will continue to be. D was given a wonderful blessing and his scans have been clean. The next one is in a few weeks (19 Nov). Thank you for all your prayers and words of encouragement. In the end, it comes down to our own personal determination. He is my hero and I love that I work every day helping other people...pay it forward.

I think we should watch that movie too.

4 comments:

Miss M said...

I've heard good things about that show. However, I refuse to watch too many emotional shows these days. Don't get me wrong, it's not bcs my heart is all black and shriveled, it's bcs it feels TOO much. I get SO worn out whenever I'm emotional. Seriously, it's worse than a workout at the gym, with the exception being instead of having a sore body, I just can't breathe through my nose for 2 hours.

I'm glad you had some good emotional movie time. I'm also glad D is still around to wonder why his wife is crying while folding laundry or brushing her teeth.

p.s. I noticed the tag. I'll get on it. It's a good excuse to finally post something.

Amanda Ann Hansen said...

Hey Rach! I loved that movie. I love movies that give you a little slice of reality and really make you think. I hope you know that I've always looked up to you and I especially admire the way you and Daryl have handled all that you've been though.

Also, I just saw your comment on my post about Zac. I had to change some security settings on my blog because I got spammed. The spam post was the deleted comment. Nothing too exciting. :) I found the pictures in my scrapbook and I just scanned them in to post them. Gotta love a little blast from the past. :)

Amanda Ann Hansen said...

Hey Rach! I loved that movie. I love movies that give you a little slice of reality and really make you think. I hope you know that I've always looked up to you and I especially admire the way you and Daryl have handled all that you've been though.

Also, I just saw your comment on my post about Zac. I had to change some security settings on my blog because I got spammed. The spam post was the deleted comment. Nothing too exciting. :) I found the pictures in my scrapbook and I just scanned them in to post them. Gotta love a little blast from the past. :)

TeresaL said...

I'm totally that way too. Bobby comes home for dinner and wonders why I'm bawlin. Then thinks I'm weird because it's about a movie or commercial. :)
We've been praying for Daryl & you all, we'll continue to do so :)
love you guys!!!