Pages

12 November 2008

Politics Schmalitics

I voted Constitution Party for the Presidential Election. Not that anyone cares, but just so I can say (even to myself), in spite of whoever won, I have no hand in the craziness that will invariably ensue.

I make very few political stands, and though I enjoy discussing situations with family and friends, I couldn't care less what other people think or how others believe, as long as it doesn't infringe on my rights. They have their opinions, fine. I have mine. Leave me and the constitution alone and we'll be happy. :) Start messing with my constitution and I'll brandish my religion and a gun, and I'll teach my children how to use it.

That's the end of my political rant. I will embrace the Obama family as our First Family and will give Pres-Elect Obama every opportunity to keep my confidence. And, as long as I am not asked to overstep my morals, I will support him as my leader. God Bless America.

In the meantime, we are building up our food storage (that we even use from time to time) and building up our savings. I am even registering Eliza for a Charter home school to start next fall. That's how much confidence I have in our public education. We will take care of ourselves. I will not be expecting the government to take care of us. So we will be taking care of our own family.

Isn't that how it should be? Be as self-sufficient as possible? Since when have we started expecting the government to take care of us? Since when has that been a responsibility of the government?? Oh, yeah, since FDR took on the economy during the depression and now people feel entitled to government assistance. "Why should I get a job when I can get Unemployment?"

Great, thanks. Too bad I'll never get to spend any of my social security. Glad I'm still paying into that bowl. I'm just praying for the Second Coming to happen before I have to retire. :)

Problem Solved!
End of Rant

3 comments:

Miss M said...

I heard a news report this morning and I almost yelled at the TV. (I was at the gym, it wouldn't have gone over as well as if it had been in my own house.) First lets just say some "expert" was doing all the talking. TV "experts" leave a lot to be desired, in my own opinion, and I'm not going into that topic. Anyway, he was breaking down causes of our current economic crisis and the first thing he stated was Americans have excessive personal debt.

Really? We couldn't see this coming?

Am I the only person who wasn't surprised? Is this obvious to ANYONE else? Wow, it's a good thing an "expert" could point that out.

I'm not trying to make my entire point here, but DUH!!!!!

C'mon! Let me just say it again. DUH!!!

(I don't really know what my comment has to do with your post, but it obviously sparked some angst.)

Terésa said...

Hmmm... all I have to say is, “Are you Markinson?”

Rachel said...

I'm not Markinson. Are you Markinson?!?