Pages

14 August 2008

Being better than Yourself...

...is something I just made up.
Learning to appreciate yourself takes time.
Beating yourself up for past mistakes is usless, but it still happens.
Moving on is difficult.
Learning to love yourself starts when you are little.
Seperating the illusion of yourself and who you really are takes talent and honesty.
That last statement gives me a headache.
My life changed drastically seven years ago.
There is nothing I can do about the past.
There is no point in asking "What if...?"
I know I can only control what lies ahead, but it doesn't make the past hurt any less.
This will make no sense to any of you.
That's okay. It does to me and it's good to get it out in black and white.

1 comment:

Mariam said...

Learning to appreciate oneself is one of the greatest obstacles so many people face in life (myself absolutely included). We know we should be working towards "The Best", but that can seem so overwhelming. We often forget it is one step at a time, and sometimes we will slide backwards.
We get into trouble when our perception of what we SHOULD be is so far from REALITY, and our ABILITY is only a few notches ahead of reality. Don't know if that makes sense, but..
In the words of Pumba in The Lion King, "You gotta put your behind in the past."
Love Ya!