Pages

25 June 2009

Is There A ______ In The House?

I've had a bee under my bonnet for a little while now, and maybe - if I put it out into the www - I'll be able to be rid of it for a time.

I've been contemplating going back to school...

***Keep breathing, Mom. I haven't jumped off any bridges yet. I'm just thinking out loud***

I guess that's what happens when a person is surrounded by academia. D is going to school. Practically everyone I work with is in some form of school. Obviously my whole social network (since we live on campus) is going to some form of school. Goodness, even the kids are going to school!!

So, do I feel left out? Or do I think I'm missing something? For a long time, after I graduated, I was so grateful to be DONE with school and papers and research and long nights at the library and more papers... **sigh**

Actually thinking about taking the GRE gives me anxiety, but I looked into it last night. I also looked at some programs at the U last night. Baby steps...I guess I'm admitting to myself that it's not a question of "If" but rather "When." I'm still incredibly nervous about the idea and have butterflies even now while I'm typing.

Anyone need a Pharmacist??

1 comment:

Carolyn V. said...

Wow you want to go back to school? I think it's a great idea! If you can do family, work and school it might be the thing for you.

I've really struggled getting through school, but I will only have 6 more classes by August. I can't wait to hold that diploma in my hands. mwa ha ha. now I'll have proff that I've got brains.