Pages

12 June 2009

"Teeth Pulled 7cents. With Wiskey 12cents"

Even with the stormy weather, we enjoyed yesterday an eye-opening experience at "This Is the Place" park in SLC, right across the street from the Hogle Zoo. That is, the entrance is across the street. The Park itself is acres and acres of a working pioneer village. Rows of houses and cabins (some replicas and others are actual re-locations!) offering explanations and demonstrations of simply living, everyday. There was even a stand-off at noon in the town square! We saw it from the Hotel balcony as we were eating our picnic lunch!

This day happened to be a "free day" thanks to the Huntsman Foundation and the family we went with said there were never this many visitors at one time. But even with the crowds, it did not feel crowded. Goes to show just how expansive this place is! We started our visit with a motorized train ride around the park and got a small idea of where we'd like to visit (didn't visit half the things we wanted!). The pony ride was a favorite, but for the E and our friend's oldest daughter, I think they just enjoyed running, and running...and running, together. :) Thanks, again, Lori and I can't wait to go again and experience more things!

4 comments:

Terésa said...

Fun! We will have to come down and go some time! I bet the kids would love it.

Miss M said...

I LOVE that place. It's really interesting. One of my friends volunteered there one summer and the outfits she wore made me laugh. It was REALLY hot and she had to wear a full on dress. so funny!!!

Jenny said...

Those lambs are so cute. I think I would like a pet lamb. Too bad they grow up to be sheep.

Mama Bean said...

I am open almost all of July!!! We can go LOTS and LOTS.