Pages

28 September 2010

8 Questions

My sister tagged me from her blog All 4 Speakers. Thanks, Sis! :) I'll try to not bring up the sewing machine...

1. What is your guilty pleasure when you are home alone and no one to see?
a Bubble Bath with music, sometimes a book, always chocolate.
2. What is your favorite movie from your kids selection? One you don’t mind sitting to watch with them.
Any of the Barbie movies. They are all enjoyable, sometimes even funny :)
3. If you could remodel any room in your house and have someone else pay for it what room would it be?
The kitchen, hands down. The whole room needs a lesson in functionality.
4. What reality show would you most likely be on?
Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader!!!
5. Do you have a go-to person that you tell everything to? (other than your husband) Why do you go to that person?
My sister. Honest. She's not afraid to tell me to suck it up and move on :) only when I need to hear it, of course.
6. What is the story/ meaning behind your child’s first name? Or if you don’t have kids, what is a name you have picked out, and why?
When I was pregnant with Eliza, before I had my first ultrasound, I had a really strong feeling I was pregnant with a girl. And I wanted her to have a name that meant something, someone she would be proud to have her name. And, I didn't want anything trendy. I was working for a dentist at the time. One day a patient came in, a young lady around 16, and her name was Eliza. Usually, when you think of Eliza, she's an old woman :) But the first thing I thought of was Eliza R Snow. Well, if this young lady could pull off Eliza, then so could another baby grow up with it. So, I bought a book about Eliza R Snow. The more I read it, the more I knew my baby would make a great Eliza.
7. How many purses do you own? How often do you change them?
Um, I'd have to go count to make positively sure. I think I have seven. But three of those have sleeves with reversible designs on them so the possibilities are endless :) I change purses every few months. Right now I have a sleeve on one of the small tan hand bags with fall colors. I'll change it to the black one with another sleeve once it starts staying cold.
8. What is the most expensive article of clothing you have (other than jewelry) Where do you wear it and do you wear it often?
I paid $90 for a pair of slacks a few years ago. They fit great and are great quality. They are my go-to item when I don't want to dress up but can't wear jeans. I mostly ware them to work/school functions. But, as long as I don't grow out of them :) I'll have them for years. Totally worth $90!

2 comments:

Terésa said...

I'm with ya on the barbie movies. I just got done watching the new barbie movie where she goes to Paris. (and Belle is watching it again in the background)

If I could be on a reality show it would be one of the "Real housewives" shows. That or "Sheer Genius" :)

Carolyn V. said...

I would totally pay to have my kitchen redone! It really needs it.

Fun answers Rachel!