Pages

21 June 2010

Oops, I Did It Again...

Father's Day! Yes, Father's Day! D made my Mother's Day so sweet, I wanted to do something fun for him, get him the best Father's Day present ever! So, I do all that, and I have the kids actually make their own cards for him and we have a great day with a BBQ at his parent's house. THEN, not only do I not mention any kind of nice bloggy tribute about Fathers here (as if there's some unwritten rule that bloggers have to blog on/about holidays), I forget to call my own Father! Did I mention I didn't even send him a card?? Yeah, that's me, Daughter of the Year. Well, I didn't want my mother to feel left out since I didn't send her a card, either...

By the way, why is it completely acceptable to buy power tools for Father's Day but is totally taboo to buy house-anything for Mother's Day?? D, just so you know, I would love a new vacuum!! Whatever the occasion.

1 comment:

Terésa said...

Well, see there is a difference between power tools and vacuums. It doesn't make me happy to have a nice vacuum, like it makes guys happy to get a new power tool. I would be happy with new pans, or a bread machine... anything to make my job easier, like power tools make the 'honey-do list' less of a chore. But then, Jarrod usually does the vacuuming. ;)